On this page you will find updates on the state government's COVID Safe Settings and how they relate to sport and recreation to assist members and affiliate clubs return to training and competitive weightlifting. We encourage you to check back to this page regularly for updates to restrictions as they occur.
(Page updated 10 September 2021).
Metropolitan Melbourne and Shepparton remain under strict COVID-19 restrictions.
- Gyms, indoor sporting venues, training facilities remain closed.
- Outdoor gym equipment and outdoor sporting venues must also close.
- Community sport and recreation activities remain prohibited.
- Exercise for a maximum 2 hours per day within 5km of your home with one other person and dependents.
- There are only 5 reasons to leave your home (see link below for more details).
- Curfew between 9:00pm and 5:00am; outdoor exercise prohibited during these times.
A complete summary of COVID Safe Settings may be found here
From 11:59pm Thursday 9 September the COVID settings for regional Victoria (excluding Shepparton) eased. A complete summary of restrictions for regional Victoria can be found here
Note: all clubs and businesses must have an updated COVID Safe Plan and appoint a COVID Safety Marshall(s) to ensure compliance with this plan. The VWA's COVID Safe Plan can be downloaded here
and adopted by our Affiliate Clubs and members.
Clubs hosting sanctioned weightlifting competitions must adhere to the VWA's Return to Play Plan which can be downloaded here
If you would like advice on customising your plan or wish to submit your plan to the VWA for assessment then please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Manager, Ryan Mitchell, via email email@example.com and we would be happy to discuss how your club can re-open safely and comply with existing restrictions.
Every effort will be made to assist clubs wishing to host the remaining events on our calendar within the restrictions that are in place.
Download the VWA Return to Play Plan here. Download the Competition Attendance Register here. Download the VWA COVID Safe Plan here. Download the Training Attendance Register here.
Download the COVID Safe posters below (click on each):
More signs and posters for your workplace can be found here