On this page you will find updates on the state government's COVID Safe Settings and how they relate to sport and recreation to assist members and affiliate clubs return to training and competitive weightlifting. We encourage you to check back to this page regularly for updates to restrictions as they occur.
(Page updated 28 July 2021).
From 11:59pm Tuesday 27 July the following COVID Safe measures apply to community sport and recreation:
- Face masks must be worn inside and outside for individuals aged over 12 years whenever you leave the home. Masks may only be removed during strenuous physical activity. When you are not performing strenuous physical exercise you must wear your mask.
- Shared equipment must be cleaned between users.
- A COVID Safe Marshall must be appointed whenever the facility is open to monitor checking-in using the QR code system and compliance with all other measures.
- 1 person per 4sqm density quotient applies. Maximum 100 people per indoor space.
- Community sport is permitted indoors and outdoors with only the participants required to perform the competition or training permitted to attend (competitors, coaches, officials, volunteers).
A complete summary of these COVID Safe Settings may be found here
Note: all clubs and businesses must have an updated COVID Safe Plan and appoint a COVID Safety Marshall(s) to ensure compliance with this plan. The VWA's COVID Safe Plan can be downloaded here
and adopted by our Affiliate Clubs and members.
Clubs hosting sanctioned weightlifting competitions must adhere to the VWA's Return to Play Plan which can be downloaded here
If you would like advice on customising your plan or wish to submit your plan to the VWA for assessment then please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Manager, Ryan Mitchell, via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to discuss how your club can re-open safely and comply with existing restrictions.
Every effort will be made to assist clubs wishing to host the remaining events on our calendar within the restrictions that are in place.
Download the VWA Return to Play Plan here. Download the Competition Attendance Register here. Download the VWA COVID Safe Plan here. Download the Training Attendance Register here.
Download the COVID Safe posters below (click on each):
More signs and posters for your workplace can be found here